Prospective patients often ask what makes us unique as a medical practice. We think the answer is simple:
Old Hook Medical Associates in Emerson, New Jersey is a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), and is recognized by the National Council on Quality Assurance (NCQA). We believe that patients deserve:
- A healthcare setting where patients, families, and healthcare professionals are partners in care and wellness.
- A physician’s office that uses the latest technology to eliminate redundant and unnecessary testing.
- A personal physician who leads a team and takes responsibility for care.
- Enhanced care through open scheduling, expanded hours, and strong communication between patients, physicians, and staff.
- Physicians, nurse practitioners, and support staff who use their expertise and experience to collaborate closely and provide you with the best possible medical care, all from one facility.
The PCMH structure integrates seamlessly with the Old Hook Medical Electronic Health Records (EHR) system that affords doctors instantaneous access to a patient’s medical records in the office or through a secure system, from anywhere in the world. There is no need to repeat history or recite medications when moving from a primary care physician to a specialist within the OHM family. The EHR system double-checks for drug interactions and allergies.
OHM also offers a Patient Portal to increase the ease of communication between patients and OHM staff. Through the secure Portal, patients can review their medications, allergies, immunizations, and other health condition information. In case of emergency, patients can share the log-in with emergency department personnel for quick verification of chronic conditions, medication allergies, and other vital information crucial to treatment in an emergent situation.
Throughout this website you will find detailed overviews of each of our main specialties, biographies of our physicians, as well as useful information about diagnostic testing and healthcare services. If you have questions, please arrange an appointment with your OHM primary care physician or any one of our specialists.
The Physicians and staff at Old Hook Medical Associates.